Oh, the struggle. Keeping in mind it is “beach body season” but wanting to satisfy a sweet tooth that will never go away. Good thing we’re about to arm you with some seriously sweet, seriously healthy decadent smoothie recipes. They are bound to keep you on the right path, but still, indulge in a little sweet reward!
Smoothies give you necessary nutrients without extra calories. They also help keep you fuller, longer! For some of the best ingredients to add to a smoothie for fat-burning power – check out Healthy Smoothie HQ. Play with some of the recipes we’ve provided below – you’ll definitely discover a new favorite!
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Smoothie
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 medium frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup greek-style strawberry or vanilla yogurt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
Top with a healthy drizzle of honey and dark cocoa powder mixed to create a healthy, chocolatey topping. You can also mix dark cocoa powder and maple syrup to create a sweet topping.
Banana Cream Dream Pie Smoothie
A perfect way to start the day. Banana lovers rejoice – here’s your morning slice of pie!
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened) or coconut milk
- 5 ounces of greek-style yogurt (banana or vanilla)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- banana (one or two, frozen)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free banana pudding mix
- Fat-free Whipped Cream (top off your smoothie with this!)
- Coconut flakes (garnish)
Need to sweeten this a little further? Some stevia will help do so, without extra calories!
Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake
A simple 6 ingredients make this delicious smoothie so good – like biting into a freshly baked oatmeal cookie. Whip these up if you’re not in the mood for a heavier chocolate smoothie.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- cup of ice
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend. Sip. Enjoy!